Consultation & Supervision Course - POSTPONED
Time & Location
About the Event
CONSULTATION & SUPERVISION COURSE
7 Select Saturdays February through May at
Campus of Three Rivers Behavioral Health at
2900 Sunset Bld., West Columbia, SC
Specifically Approved by the SC Board of Examiners for LPCs
45 clock hrs. of CE credit
Description: This course examines consultation and supervision theories and practice as employed by counselors working and supervising in mental health facilities, educational institutions, and other counseling settings. The various forms of consultation and supervision will be explored, examining the framework for consultation/supervision with other professionals, educators, families and administrators. The course is designed to meet the criteria established by the SC LLR as part of the requirements to obtain a supervisor’s license and the syllabus and content has been presented to the LLR Board and specifically approved to be offered by the State Chapter of the American Mental Health Counselor Assn. – The South Carolina Clinical Mental Health Counselors Association (SCCMHCA).
By the completion of this course, students will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the following areas:
1. Introduction to Supervision
2. Roles and Responsibilities of Supervisors
3. The Supervisory Relationship
4. Methods of Supervision
5. Models of Supervision
6. Becoming a Multiculturally Competent Supervisor
7. Ethics &Multiple Relationships in Supervision
8. Legal Issues in Supervision
9. Managing Crisis Situations
10. Evaluation in Supervision
11. Becoming an Effective Supervisor
Additional learning objectives include:
1. General principles and practices of etiology, diagnosis, treatment, referral, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders, family systems theories, and other relevant theories and their application in working with communities, families, individuals, and other systems (e.g., legal, legislative).
2. Knowledge of the principles of diagnosis and the use of current diagnostic tools, including the current Diagnostic and Statistics Manual
3. Knowledge of SC statutes and regulations for the practice of professional counseling and/or marriage and family therapy and the supervision of professional counseling and/or marriage and family therapy.
Facilitators: This course will be taught by several seasoned clinicians who are also Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisors, including Barbara Melton, David Kahn, Larry Barker, Kim Finucan, Shelley McGeorge, Rudy Guajardo and Andrea Fleming.
Dates/Times: 9am-3:30pm on dates February 22, March 7, March 21, April 4, April 11, May 2 and May 16, 2020 (all Saturdays)
Cost: $775 for non-members; $625 for SCCMHCA members – Member Applications available online; Fees should be made payable to SCCMHCA and mailed to 616 S. Coit St., Florence, SC 29501 or register and pay online at www.sccmhca.org
MINIMUM OF 12 REGISTRANTS TO OFFER COURSE
Questions? Call Barbara Melton at 843-834-7859